The Helen Diller Family Foundation
ABOUT THE HELEN DILLER FAMILY FOUNDATION
The Helen Diller Family Foundation supports programs and institutions in both the Bay Area and throughout the world, with a focus on education, science, and the arts. In 2003 the Foundation gave the University of California San Francisco the largest one-time gift from an individual donor in the hospital’s history. The $35 million gift funded the Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Care Center.
The Foundation has given other major grants and gifts to UC Berkeley, UC Santa Cruz, the De Young Museum, and has supported the renovation of Julius Kahn Playground and Mission Dolores Park, both located in San Francisco. The Foundation also sponsors the Diller Family Award for Excellence in Education, an annual recognition of top educators in their field.
INVESTING IN VALUES
The Foundation believes that supporting Jewish teens today creates future generations of strong Jewish leaders. These teens are not only our future, they are also passionate and creative, and will bring innovation and inspiration to the global Jewish community.
For nearly 20 years the Foundation has supported Helen Diller’s integral priority of investing in Jewish teens, creating powerful experiences that strengthen both their Jewish identity and their leadership abilities.
DILLER TEEN FELLOWS
The Diller Teen Fellows program is an international leadership program for Jewish teens. The program empowers participants to be active, effective leaders with a strong Jewish identity and a respect for pluralism. Diller Teens showcase a commitment to repairing the world and a sense of belonging and responsibility to their communities, Israel, and the Jewish people.
The Diller Teen Fellows program strives to inspire alumni to form an international network of Jewish leaders who will creatively and collaboratively engage in making the world a better place.
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Helen Diller firmly believes, “it’s never too late, too early, or too often to give back and make the world a better place.” She was recognized in November, 2012 for her generous and long-standing commitment to philanthropy with the Lifetime Achievement in Philanthropy Award from the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Golden Gate Chapter.
NEWS ABOUT THE HELEN DILLER FAMILY FOUNDATION
- Largest-Ever Gift to UCSF Honors Philanthropist Helen Diller, UCSF, January 2017
Jewish Awards Nurture Deeds of Teens, San Francisco Chronicle, November 2012
- Charitable Giving: Philanthropist Helen Diller fulfilling lifelong dream to inspire and help others, The J Weekly, November 2012
- Fostering ‘tikkun olam’ among America’s Jewish teens, Jerusalem Post, September 2012
- Helen, Sanford Diller Fund UCSF Cancer Center, San Francisco Chronicle, June 2009
- Repairing the World, Gentry Magazine, December 2009
- Resolution Commending Helen Diller for her Dedicated Service to San Francisco, San Francisco Board of Supervisors, June 2009
- Diller Family Foundation Keeps out of Spotlight, San Francisco Chronicle, October 2003